Thursday, November 6, 2014

5 Month Update


5MONTHS!!

I celebrated my 30th birthday and this was the best birthday I have ever had because of this precious little girl. I also got my embroidery machine that I’ve been wanting for a while. I’ve been making Harper cute little outfits for Halloween and Thanksgiving. And I’m going to venture out and make some baby gifts soon for friends and co-workers. We went out to eat at Joe’s Italian with my mom and Wayne and Matt at the one by our house. I love going there because it’s close and not as crowded and still just as good of food as the one in Alabaster. We also went out to eat at Olive Garden with Dea & Bilbo, Jon and Patti, her boyfriend, Chad, Josh, Amy, Zach, Samantha and Granny Pat. It may have been my birthday but she stole the show :)

She wore her bathrobe for the first time and seemed to like it. Everyone thought she looked adorable, especially me and Bruce :) Since it’s fall and October, she’s been wearing some of her Halloween outfits. Dea and Bilbo got her the cutest Halloween kitty dress that she wore to church (see below). She also went out to eat for Granny Pat’s birthday with Barbara Jo and Uncle Garry, Kathy, Zach and Samantha, and her boyfriend Zach, Josh & Amy, Patti and her boyfriend Chad. Again, she was the center of attention and had everyone laughing and cutting up. Then, we went to Homestead Hollow to visit our craft friends and see Dea and Bilbo. She was so good just walking around, taking everything in. She has also started giggling and trying to gurgle. I’ve videoed it several times because it is so cute and so funny. See video below.

She met her cousins (3rd cousins) Michael, Barbie, Evan and Whitney, who are from Missouri, at a party at her Great-Great Aunt Barbara Jo’s house. She also saw her other Great-Great Aunt Kathy, Great-Great Uncle Warren, Great-Great Uncle Garry, Cousins: Beth, Jeremy, Garrett, Riley, Julie, and Great-Aunt Patti and Great-Great Granny Pat J Had a great time spending quality time with family. No stats for this month but we can tell she’s growing. She still has some 3-month size clothes that fit but the majority of them are getting too small and I’ve been washing all her 6-month clothes while trying not to cry because my baby is growing up too fast. And to wrap up this month’s blog, she also cut her 2 bottom teeth at the same time. I think we’re working on the tops as well but the bottoms have pushed on through with just a little fussiness we had to go through.

Oh, and I locked Harper in the car in the parking lot of Target one afternoon. She was asleep, I put her in the car and the groceries, shut the door to put the buggy up and came back to the car locked. It was running and wasn't that hot, thank goodness. My phone was also in the car so I had to use a lady's phone to dial 911. A cop showed up almost as soon as I hung up the phone. You say you have a child in the car and they don't waste any time. Then, a minute later a fire truck showed up, and another cop. It took them maybe 5 minutes and they had the door unlocked. She slept through the whole thing, which is a blessing because I think if she was upset and crying I would have been even more of a basket case. She was fine and it'll be something funny to tell her one day.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!



First time wearing jeans and it was so cute!

Bathtime is mine and Harper's favorite time of the day.

Dad & Harper telling me they love me "this" much!

Loving on her duckie

Lounging in her exercauser

First time in the high chair

Hanging out with Mrs. Jessica


Eating cereal for the first time and loving it

Sitting in my bathtub while Mom takes a shower (watching Doc McStuffin)

Trying to escape

How cute is she in her bathrobe?

At the Shelby County Fair



She didn't even notice the ducks were in front of her

Oh, wait there's a duck!

Snuggling with her lamb
 
How precious?
 

Starting to wear her Halloween attire - this is courtesy of Dea

Talking to Dad at dinnertime

Grocery shopping with Mom - she's in there somewhere

Giving a thumbs up to eating in the car

All smiles after Mom locked me in the car (she slept the whole time and the police had it unlocked in less than 5-10 minutes)

Giving Barbara Jo some kisses at Granny's birthday dinner party

Dancing like Taylor Hicks

Hanging out with Josh

"This cereal stuff is awesome!"

"I got this, Mom"

First time at Homestead Hollow

Dad can't get her to smile like Mom can

Hanging out with Bilbo & Dea at Homestead

Look at all those pumpkins!

Adelaide & Harper at the Grid Iron BBQ at the Hoover Met



"Blue button, green button, or red button... choices"

"Look at the cute outfit Mom made me!"



Another cute outfit Mom made me

Trying to figure out how to drive already

Sitting in the big seat in the cart at Publix

LOVE some carrots!

Talking to Granny Pat

Look at my teeth!

Not sure about this "brushing teeth" thing...

FAVORITE Halloween outfit... and truth!

Hanging out with Ace

and Aunt Ing

How cute is she in her little hat?

Got my first Highlights magazine

And my first Halloween card

Trying to figure out how to get the food out of this mesh thing
 

No comments:

Post a Comment