Monday, March 14, 2011

Less than 2 weeks!!!

I can't believe that in less than 2 weeks, me, my husband, my mother, step-father, brother, and his girlfriend will all be in a 5k. That is SO crazy?!?!? We have our team names... The Badonkadonks - which is supposed to be funny and light-hearted since we are running for Colon Cancer Awareness. This is not our t-shirt below but hopefully we will have some made up to really help keep us motivated. And who knows, we might do more races! I would LOVE it!! And my step-dad has been trying to get us to do the Mercedes marathon with him for forever, but I guess it had to take a "butt" t-shirt to get us motivated! Who knew!?!? :)


                   



Bruce and I have been in the gym 6 days since we joined last Tuesday and I couldn't be more proud of us both! We were definitely sore a few days and we're getting better and better with every workout. I actually worked out on both the standing and sitting elliptical today. I started out on the standing, did 10 minutes and LITERALLY thought I was going to pass out. So, I switched over to the sitting one for 5 minutes and once I felt better I got back on the standing elliptical for another 5 minutes, and then finished my cardio workout on the sitting one for another 10 minutes with a cool-down period. I know a week ago I couldn't stay on the standing elliptical for more than 4 minutes so I think that is a HUGE accomplishment for me!!!

We also incorporated circuit workouts with our cardio. Bruce helps me figure out which machines to use and I pretty much do what he does, with the exception of a lot less weight added. :) I usually lift 50lbs unless it's my legs and then I'll do 90-100lbs. Speaking of leg workouts... We did our first leg workout on Friday afternoon (I know, we should get a gold star just for working out on a Friday!) but anyways, we had a wedding to attend the next day and I decide to wear heels, because it was a semi-formal wedding. We were running a little late and had to walk a mile to get there from our parking spot, and had to stand for a good bit; needless to say my legs started to feel like jello. Just a little side note but I would not recommend working out and then wearing heels the next day if 1) you haven't worked out your legs in a while and 2) especially if you haven't worn heels in a while.

Well, I guess that's all I have to say. I haven't blogged in a few days but I wanted y'all to know we have been going to the gym every day except this past Saturday! And that we are continuing to go and are finally really enjoying. We are starting to feel better and better instead of like someone just ran over us with an 18-wheeler. At first I almost dreaded it, but now I'm having fun! And once I start seeing results, I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more! :)

And now for some funny weight loss pictures to make reading this blog worth it! :)












2 comments: